With ANSYS VRXPERIENCE Light Simulation, combine design and engineering processes into a single, connected workflow.
Part of a collaborative solution with Autodesk, Inc., VRXPERIENCE Light Simulation connects ANSYS’ physics-based lighting simulation with Autodesk’s automotive 3D visualization and virtual prototyping software (Autodesk VRED).
This unique solution delivers engineering-grade light simulation to complement photorealistic visualizations of automotive interiors and exteriors with highly accurate light simulation.
Benefits for the design studio
- Create powerful and innovative lighting systems
- Establish uniquely identifiable light signatures
- Visualize future products before production in Autodesk VRED
- Accelerate the design decision-making process
How it works
VRXPERIENCE Light Simulation allows studio engineers to integrate optical subsystems from ANSYS SPEOS or CAD systems into 3D design models, to accurately render optical light properties in Autodesk VRED.
The design workflow improves product development by involving both designers and engineers. This enhances design quality and results in time- and cost-savings.
- Import design and engineering data (optical subsystems)
- Assign optical properties
- Run ANSYS SPEOS-based ray file simulation that is compatible with high-performance computing (HPC) clusters
Ansys & Autodesk : Deliver Engineering Grade Light Simulation to Studio Designers
Illuminate your designs: The combination of Autodesk VRED and Ansys VRXPERIENCE Light Simulation delivers physics-based engineering-grade light simulation to studio designers. The unique solution empowers the design studio with accurate lighting to enhance photorealistic visualizations and simulate complex optical components, such as light guides.