Meeting the stringent safety standards for autonomous vehicles (AVs) requires billions of miles of comprehensive testing — and considerable development time and cost — to ensure an autonomous vehicle’s reliable performance across countless road, traffic and weather scenarios.
OEMs are leveraging Ansys VRXPERIENCE powered by SCANeR™, an open, scalable and modular driving simulator that enables testing against a variety of objectives and performance requirements. An immersive simulated test-drive experience set within an ultrarealistic world, VRXPERIENCE performs exhaustive safety assessments, which empower manufacturers to drive millions of miles in days, and accelerate development time 1000X compared to physical road-testing.
Prepare for Your Digital Test Drive
Create Your Driving Scenario
- Simulate any driving scenario for any driving situation.
- Import HD maps to convert the real world into a high-fidelity virtual environment.
- Benchmark your product’s real-world performance versus virtual test track performance.
Design Your Digital Vehicle
- Select and customize a vehicle from various types — including specific cars, trucks or off-road vehicles — as well as engines and tires to create an accurate multibody vehicle dynamics model. You can also choose to connect your custom sub models or other vehicle models thanks to FMI.
- Configure any advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) features, including virtual camera, radar, lidar and ultrasonic sensors —and autonomous capabilities.
- Define and test the robustness of the system under test.
Use NCAP Scenarios
- Develop AEB/FCW features thanks to a ready-to-use starter kit of NCAP scenarios, and save time by running all tests at once in a virtual environment.
Simulate, Test and Validate Your Future Vehicle
- Perform massive scenario variation by leveraging cutting-edge model-in-the-loop (MIL) and software-in-the-loop (SIL) testing — on-premise and in the cloud.
- Assess vehicle performance by varying vehicle dynamics parameters across countless driving scenarios.
- Leverage hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing to evaluate your electronic control unit’s (ECU) response to multiple driving conditions and its interactions with OEM and third-party systems.
- Share HIL test data with ADAS suppliers to increase system safety and reliability prior to physical prototyping.
- Get behind the wheel of your virtual vehicle and conduct driver-in-the-loop (DIL) testing to physically measure the performance of your AV and ADAS systems early in the design cycle.
Analyze Your Test Drive Simulation
- Record and replay your AV and ADAS simulations and explore data to further analyze system performance.
VRXPERIENCE Connected Capabilities in Action:
Ansys VRXPERIENCE Sensors enable you to assemble, test and experience optical sensors within a virtual driving experience.
With Ansys VRXPERIENCE Headlamp, harness a fully virtual driving lab for testing lighting systems in a controlled environment.
Ansys SCADE Suite empowers you to design critical embedded systems and software development solutions for engine control systems, emergency braking systems, ADAS and much more.
Together with VRXPERIENCE, Ansys OptiSLang performs critical sensitivity analysis for ADAS testing.