ANSYS medini analyze software implements key safety analysis methods — hazard and operability (HAZOP) analysis, fault tree analysis (FTA), failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), failure modes, effects and diagnostic analysis (FMEDA) — all in one integrated tool. It supports the efficient and consistent execution of the safety-related activities required by applicable safety standards. ANSYS medini analyze is well integrated with other engineering tools, and enables model-based safety analysis using standards like SysML.
ANSYS medini analyze is applied in the development of safety-critical electrical and electronic (E/E) and software (SW) controlled systems in domains like automotive, aerospace or industrial equipment. It is specifically tailored to the domain-specific standards ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and ARP4761. The application scope ranges from the early conceptual phase through product development and on to the detailed analysis at the semiconductor level.
ANSYS medini analyze offers state-of-the-art analysis methods bundled in a model-based environment, including:
- Safety analysis and design for E/E systems and SW-controlled functions with specific templates for ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ARP4761 and MIL-STD-882E
- Integration of architectural/functional design with methods for quality, reliability and functional safety analysis
- Support of operational situation analysis, hazard and risk analysis (HARA), functional hazard assessment (FHA), FTA, FMEA, FMEDA, FMECA probabilistic reliability analysis and hardware failure metrics
- Quality analysis for product design and related processes according to SAE J1739, VDA quality handbook, AIAG, etc.
- Complete end-to-end traceability
- Customizable generation of work products and documentation
- Teamwork support, including a sophisticated, model-based compare-and-merge technology
- Integration with ANSYS SCADE Architect, IBM® Rational® DOORS®, IBM® Rational® Rhapsody®, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB®/Simulink®, Stateflow®, PTC Integrity™, Microsoft® Office, TortoiseSVN, IBM® Rational® ClearCase®, Jama Software and others.
Safety Concept Modeling
Capture your functional, technical or HW/SW safety concepts in models integrating safety requirements, safety goals and safety architecture.
Model-Based Safety Analysis
Find and solve safety-critical issues in your systems and components using inductive and deductive methods directly tied to your design models.
Reliability Prediction and Analysis
Evaluate the safety and reliability of your H/W design utilizing well-established standard reliability handbooks and widely used quantitative analysis methods like FT, FMEDA and FMECA.
Traceability and Validation
Validate the standard compliance of your safety concepts with automatic constraint checking; establish rich traceability for impact analysis.
Teamwork and Review Support
Collaborate as a safety engineering team by sharing, comparing and merging safety projects; integrate with task management systems for workflow support.
Integration into the Engineering Environment
Seamlessly exchange engineering data like requirements, design models, and part libraries with standard requirements management and system design tools.
Customization and Process Adaptation
Easily adapt medini analyze to company-specific processes, guidelines and templates.
ANSYS Product Integration
Benefit from the tight coupling of medini analyze with other ANSYS tools for system design, analysis, and simulation.
Reporting and Documentation
Generate reports and required safety documentation directly from your safety analysis using a powerful reporting engine.