ANSYS medini analyze Capabilities
Safety Concept Modeling
- Dedicated and customizable editors for the system and component description.
- Graphical modeling of the functional architecture with functional dependencies, function allocations, malfunctions and failure conditions.
- Hazard and operability (HAZOP) analysis.
- Full-fledged hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA) according to ISO 26262-3 with ASIL determination and operational situation analysis.
- Functional hazard assessment (FHA) with design assurance level (DAL) determination according to ARP4761.
- Derivation of safety goals from HARA and consistency checks.
- Capturing and management of functional and technical safety requirements with link to HARA or FHA.
- Graphical and table editors for safety goals and requirements.
- Customization of all parts with user attributes and references.
- Allocation of requirements to system architecture, hardware (HW) and software (SW) models and function models.
- ASIL or DAL assignment and ASIL decomposition.
- Visualization of requirement traceability on other diagrams.
- Import, export and round-trip from/to requirements management.
- Systems (e.g., IBM® Rational® DOORS®, PTC Integrity™, Jama Software), including custom attribute mapping.
- Validation rules to check compliance with safety standards (e.g., ISO 26262, ARP4761 or IEC 61508).
- Inclusion of external documents and linking to external resources via URL.
Model-Based Safety Analysis
- Integrated failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), failure modes, effects and diagnostic analysis (FMEDA), failure modes, effects and critically analysis (FMECA) and fault tree analysis (FTA) based on structural and behavioral SysML models.
- Hierarchical failure net modeling embedded in SysML to capture failures across multiple design abstraction levels.
- Tabular editors and graphical editors for failure model information according to AIAG/SAE, VDA and other applicable standards.
- Integrated failure rate handbooks SN 29500, IEC 62380, FIDES Guide, MIL HDBK-217F, HDBK 217Plus, IEC 61709.
- Automatic re-calculation of probabilities after design changes.
- Connection to requirements management and task management.
- Full FTA module with support to handle large fault trees with exact probabilities based on binary decision diagrams (BDD).
- Consideration of mission time, flight time (time at risk), repair and monitoring cycles for FTA calculations.
- Creation of events and subtrees by drag and drop of architecture elements or failure modes.
- Determination and evaluation of minimal cut-sets, importance measures (Birnbaum, Fussell-Vesely, criticality), etc.
- Comparison of different stages during the development of FTA and FMEDA.
- Microsoft® Excel and MSR-FMEA import and export (e.g., APIS IQ-FMEA, PLATO SCIO™).
- Import from third-party FTA tools (e.g., Fault Tree+, CAFTA).
Reliability Prediction and Analysis
- Handbooks for failure rate prediction according to SN 29500, IEC 62380, FIDES Guide, MIL HDBK-217F, HDBK 217Plus and IEC 61709.
- Transient failure rate support (e.g., according to JEDEC standard JESD89A).
- Extensive failure rate prediction models (e.g., aggregation of failure rates along failure net or distribution over a set of children).
- Integration of failure rates and failure modes with system design in order to stay in sync with design changes.
- Customization with user attributes, including formulas for failure rate data (scaling, confidence levels, full-custom failure rate formulas).
- Extensible catalog of safety mechanisms according to ISO 26262 (part 5) and IEC 61508.
- Calculation of single point fault metric (SPF) and latent fault metric (LF).
- FMEDA with safe failure fraction (SFF) computation.
- Automatic synchronization of failure mode and failure rate data from architecture model and consistent application of mission profiles to FTA and FMEDA.
- Seamless navigation from FTA cut-sets to elements of the system design to FMEDA and vice versa.
- Safety element out of context (SEooC) analysis and library support.
- Seamless import of bill of material (BOM) from Excel and prediction based on libraries with part numbers.
- Import of intellectual property (IP) design models and (base) failure rate distribution according to die area/gate counts.
- Integration of analysis and failure rates at chip, printed circuit board (PCB) and system design levels.
Traceability and Validation
- Traceability of safety mechanisms to requirements and SW/HW implementation.
- Definition of typed and untyped traces between information elements of any type within medini analyze.
- Definition of traces using trace-matrix or by quick-trace functionality.
- Navigation via traces to related elements in other models.
- Visualization of traced elements in any diagram.
- Impact analysis by visualization of traces and dependencies using a graphical dependency viewer.
- Rich validation of data integrity by means of customizable constraints.
Teamwork and Review Support
- Project compare with two-way and three-way difference analysis.
- Project merge functionality for team collaboration.
- Creation of tasks/comments for arbitrary model elements.
- Navigation from tasks to elements and vice versa.
- Context visualization for active tasks.
- Documentation of all decisions at the tasks, scheduling, user assignment and email notifications levels.
- Integration with configuration management systems (TortoiseSVN, IBM® Rational® ClearCase®, PTC Integrity, etc.).
- Integration with task and issue tracking systems (e.g., Bugzilla, Trac, RTC, Redmine, Jira, Microsoft® Outlook, etc.).
Integration into the Engineering Environment
- Seamless connection to system modeling, requirements management, task management and • Seamless connection to system modeling, requirements management, task management and configuration management tools.
- Integration with the requirements management solutions IBM Rational DOORS, PTC Integrity and JAMA Software, including custom attribute and relationship mappings.
- Full RIF/ReqIF support for round trip with other third-party requirement solutions.
- Excel and MSR-FMEA import and export (e.g., APIS IQ-FMEA, PLATO SCIO™)
- Integration with IBM® Rational® Rhapsody®, Sparx Enterprise Architect, MATLAB/Simulink, Stateflow® and ANSYS SCADE Architect for exchange of system models).
- Integration with configuration management solutions (e.g., TortoiseSVN, IBM® Rational® Team Concert, IBM Rational ClearCase and many more).
- Import and update of BOM data via Excel.
- Import of chip-level design data (IP Design) via the IPD-XML format from tools like Cadence® Functional Safety Simulator.
- Export to various document formats including Microsoft® Word, Excel, PDF, HTML.
- Scripting API to connect other engineering tools to individual needs.
Customization and Process Adaptation
- Customization of the tool data model and editors to corporate needs by profiling mechanism (attributes, references, queries).
- Checklists for tracking of process activities according to corporate workflows.
- Project template mechanism that allows set up of corporate best practice model/data management and storage.
- Direct integration with requirements and task management systems to track analysis results (e.g., IBM Rational DOORS, PTC Integrity, JAMA Software, Redmine, etc.).
- Scripting API to automate tedious task and workflow steps (e.g., model transformations, consistency checks, tool integrations).
- Adaptable reporting and export capabilities.
ANSYS Product Integration
Integration with ANSYS SCADE Architect
With this integration, any changes in system architecture are easily and seamlessly translated from SCADE Architect to medini analyze. This tight integration eliminates the possibility of human error as electronics systems are modeled, verified and updated. The same reliable, step-by-step process will ensure the creation of system architectures that meet all relevant industry standards for safety and control — quickly and cost-effectively.
Integration with ANSYS RedHawk-SC
RedHawk-SC is able to produce the IPD-XML format to import IP-design information into medini analyze for functional safety analysis on the semiconductor level. With this integration, the FMEDA workflow for semiconductor chip designs is supported.
Reporting and Documentation
- Rich default reporting capabilities for all created work products of medini analyze, including HARA, FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, checklists, safety goals and requirements and system design.
- Direct export of all table data to Excel.
- Customizable work product and documentation generation based on report template engine.
- Export of all project data to XML for long-term storage and post-processing.
- Support of diverse document formats such as Word, Excel, PDF, HTML and more.