ANSYS SCADE Display Capabilities
Graphical Prototyping and Design
SCADE Display provides many features that can help you graphically prototype and design your embedded display, so you can quickly create what is needed. Capabilities include advanced modeling features with a user-friendly interface, along with layering, tree structuring and advanced editing features. High quality editing is supported with transparency management, texture management, masks and haloing. SCADE Display also offers integrated font management and extensive widget libraries. You can combine, at the model level, all external OpenGL 2-D/3-D graphics (legacy code, 3-D terrain/maps, 3-D objects) with SCADE Display layers.
HMI Behavioral Logic Design
SCADE Display enables you to refine HMI software with behavioral logic in the SCADE Suite model-based development and verification environment.
- Tight design-level integration of critical behavioral logic and graphic components in embedded applications
- Automated connection between SCADE Suite and SCADE Display designs
- Early prototyping and validation in white-box and black-box modes between display application logic and graphic components
- Co-execution of SCADE Suite model and interactive SCADE Display specification as run-time free standalone executables
- Integration of automatic report generation between SCADE Suite models and SCADE Display graphical specifications
- Integrated deployment of SCADE Suite and SCADE Display generated code
Support for Application Life Cycle Management
The life cycle management of HMI software developed in SCADE Display can be supported by SCADE LifeCycle. This gives you the ability to:
- Connect Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools and set requirements traceability from models
- Generate documentation automatically from models
Once described with the editor in SCADE Display, an HMI design or any of its blocks can be simulated. SCADE Display simulation capabilities are based on the actual SCADE Display generated code and provide a powerful visual debugging environment that enables definition of stop conditions, setting breakpoints within a clock cycle and examination of the internal variables. It is also possible to record and play back scenarios. The ASCII format of the scenarios makes it easy to integrate the SCADE Display simulation phase within existing workflows.
- Simulation of graphical specifications in step-by-step or continuous mode
- Ability to load, play and record scenarios and produce snapshots
- Batch mode available
Early Symbology Verification
- Rapid animation of the specification through a simple and intuitive GUI
- Built-in model animation laws (no need to write complex scenarios)
Integrated Design Checking
Integrated Design Checking gives you the unique capability to enforce compliance of a display specification to methodological, naming and graphical design rules as early as the prototyping and design phases. Design Checker enables you to:
- Ensure compliance of display specifications to methodology, naming and graphical design rules
- Automate naming and graphics design checks, suggestions and corrections
- Report warnings and errors detected by checker verification (textual or CSV format)
HMI Testing Automation
The development of applications in SCADE Display can be extended with testing activities supported by SCADE Test, including:
- Creating and managing test cases, setting up and launching test execution from SCADE Test Environment for Host
- Producing test scenarios and defining expected results as pictures with inclusion/exclusion zones or expected values
- Automating the comparison of actual test results with expected results using image comparison techniques
Automatic Code and HMI Generation
SCADE Display KCG features compact and efficient code generation of readable, traceable and retargetable ANSI C code for embedded HMIs. It natively supports the OpenGL, OpenGL SC 1.x (Safety Critical), OpenGL SC 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1 (Embedded Systems) and OpenGL ES 2.0 standards, through the SCADE Display OGLX (OpenGL eXtension to KCG) portable library of C code, delivered along with SCADE Display KCG. Generated code integrates out-of-the-box with COTS or proprietary, certified or not, OpenGL graphics libraries. SCADE Display KCG also enables targeting with minimal efforts all proprietary embedded target platforms.
Automatic Code Generation
- Automatic generation of compact, efficient, modular, safe and target-independent C code
- Elimination of coding errors, as well as the need for low-level testing
Code Integration and Deployment
- No dependency with target hardware or RTOS
- Quick target deployment to virtually all target platforms (Windows, Apple iOS and Android-based mobile devices, critical embedded target platforms, etc.)
- Automatic generation of HMI applications for Windows/PC, Apple iOS or Android
Certification for Critical Safety Standards
SCADE Display KCG is a C code generator for SCADE Display that has been qualified as a development tool for DO-178B software up to Level A and DO-178C/DO-330 at TQL-1; certified for IEC 61508 at SIL 3 and for EN 50128 at SIL 3/4; and qualified for ISO 26262 software up to ASIL D.
The SCADE Display KCG Certification Kits (DO-178B & C, EN 50128, IEC 61508 and ISO 26262) contain material demonstrating to certification authorities that SCADE Display KCG code generator and OGLX library were developed in compliance with the highest levels of safety standards. These kits provide access to the documents that you need as part of your certification tasks.
Connectivity with System Simulation Tools
SCADE Display integrates seamlessly with ANSYS Twin Builder, through the FMI/FMU co-simulation standard, to enable interactive E/E and multiphysics simulation sessions.
- Functional Mock-up Unit (FMU) export out of SCADE Display models for connection with ANSYS Twin Builder and all FMI-compliant system simulation tools
- FMU proxy generation for distributed/network simulation with FMI-compliant tools
- Support for FMI 2.0 Model Exchange Export