The Ansys Art of Simulation Competition (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 10, 2020 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on November 13, 2020 (the “Promotion End Date”) (such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period”). Organizers may choose to extend the deadline to a later date during the Promotion Period. The Promotion is sponsored by ANSYS, Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Participants may enter the Promotion by (a) creating and submitting a simulation image using Ansys software and (b) submitting a completed entry form available at the Art of Simulation website (the “Website”) by October 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST. This entry may be submitted by following the instructions at the Website.
2. PRIZE: Sixteen (16) category winners will be selected to each receive one (1) Art of Simulation trophy; their simulation image and the corresponding description will be displayed on the Website for the 2020 calendar year. Participants may be eligible for additional prizes. Organizers reserve the right to change or increase the value of prizes. Winners may be required to execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen Art of Simulation trophies will not be replaced. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $200. Winner will not receive difference between actual cost and ARV. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Participant Eligibility. Entries are open for academic and commercial participants. Academic participants must currently be associated with a university or college as a student, researcher, professor or other employee of the institution with a current license for software from Ansys. Commercial entries must currently be associated with a not-for- profit or for-profit organization, excluding higher-education organizations, or self-employed, with a current license for software from Ansys. Employees of the Sponsor or its subsidiaries or affiliates are NOT eligible to participate. By participating in the Promotion, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. THE PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Submission Eligibility. Submissions that are submitted in connection with the Promotion will only be eligible if such Submission (a) is in English, (b) does not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion, (c) is submitted during the Promotion Period, (d) consists of an image or video that demonstrates how you use Ansys software, (e) contains a clear description of the use of Ansys software as demonstrated in the image or video, (f) contains only the original content of the participant, and (g) does not contain content that is unlawful, hateful or obscene. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify Submissions which Sponsor determines at any time in its sole judgment fail to meet any of these criteria.
4. USE OF CONTENT/SUBMISSIONS: By submitting content/Submissions to Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, you automatically represent and warrant that, if using Ansys software licensed to your employer or academic institution to create the submission, you have obtained permission from your employer or academic institution as well as any third-party approval for associated material or geometry to use the software for this purpose and that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Sponsor the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such content/Submissions (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such content/Submissions; and (b) use the content/Submissions, including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the content/Submissions and the right to practice. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be required to treat any content/Submissions as confidential. Sponsor will be entitled to use the content/Submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person. The Sponsor will edit, change and reformat written content. For the avoidance of doubt, Sponsor will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for Sponsor’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the content/Submissions and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the content/Submissions that may appear in any future products or services of Sponsor.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Following the deadline for submissions on October 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST, a panel of qualified judges, consisting of Sponsor employees, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select ten (10) entrants from each of the sixteen competition categories (“Round One” of judging) from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria:
- Visual Appeal of Submitted Image or Video (25%)
- Quality of Written Explanation of Problem Addressed Using Ansys Simulation (as shown in submitted image or video) (25%);
- Technical Difficulty (25%); and
- Innovative Use of CAE (25%)
The selected ten (10) entrants in each of the sixteen competition categories will then be posted on a public voting site (“Round Two” of judging). Round Two of judging will be open for approximately one month, from October 19, 2020 to November 13, 2020. Ansys will promote Round Two through its owned public channels including website, blog and social media. Round Two of judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness of Simulation Application (33.33%);
- Usefulness of Simulation Application (33.33%); and
- Clarity/Quality of Image (33.33%)
In the event of a tie between two or more entrants in a category, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Clarity/Quality of Image, as determined by the qualified Round One judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the winner in that category among the tied entrants.
The winners will be notified by e-mail, using the information provided when the participant entered the Promotion, within 72 hours of the announcement on November 16, 2020. Such notification shall include instructions for proper acceptance of the prize by the winner. In the event a winner does not accept a prize, a winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. The winner agrees and specifically consents to Sponsor’s use and disclosure of their name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. CONDITIONS: Sponsor and its respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, Sponsor will pick the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity or right of privacy. This Promotion shall be governed by Pennsylvania law. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree that Pennsylvania courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Promotion and that venue shall be only in the state or federal courts having jurisdiction over Washington County, Pennsylvania.
7. WINNERS LIST: The image or video, information about simulation, and organization name of the Promotions winners and a copy of these Official Rules will be available on-line at the Website after the winner is selected.
Ansys Art of Simulation Competition
2600 ANSYS Drive
Canonsburg, PA 15317
9. NOTICE: Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
10. COPYRIGHT: Copyright 2020 ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved. ANSYS, Inc. and the associated logos are trademarks of Ansys. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.