The following standard software tools are available in both the introductory edition of GRANTA EduPack and the full edition of the software:
Explore the world of materials by searching to find everything from pictures of materials in action to detailed property data.
Understand and engage with materials and their properties; make property charts to support exercises and projects.
Learn about materials in the real world by applying rational, systematic methods to select materials for specific engineering applications.
Eco Audit Tool
Think sustainably. Evaluate the environmental impact of a product. Test design scenarios and understand the importance of material and process choices.
Other standard tools
- Science notes: integrated textbook-style explanations of material properties help students relate practical applications to the theory.
- Performance index finder: plot performance indices for materials selection without having to derive them from first principles; speeds up project work.
The following tools support tasks and projects beyond the introductory level, and are available only in the full edition of GRANTA EduPack:
Apply models to the data and add the results to property charts. EduPack includes models for predicting the properties of hybrid materials, enabling comparison with conventional materials and for predicting part cost, supporting study of the economics of engineering. You can add your own models. Ideal for advanced projects.
Other advanced tools
- Reference record: set a material as a reference for guidance in charts and tables, and when setting selection criteria.
- Find similar: search for materials with a similar property profile to the reference material.
- Comparison tables: put two or more material datasheets side-by-side and highlight significant differences.
- Engineering Solver: helps to specify engineering requirements when selecting materials.
- Enhanced Eco Audit: additional calculation options for more advanced projects.