An overview of knowledge resources on moving parts with sliding and dynamic mesh approaches will be discussed over this presentation. The same will include also topics of overset to resolve similar applications, where applicable.
- Sliding meshes
- Dynamic meshes with prescribed motion
- Dynamics meshes with DOF
- How to up Mesh Motion using Dynamic Layering?
- How to Perform Face Remeshing During Dynamic Meshing in Fluent?
- How to make planar rotating sliding mesh interface without mesh distortion?
- How to apply an External Spring Force on a body, when using the 6DOF Model?
- Overset approach
Juan Abanto graduated from the University of Montreal with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering oriented to CFD. Prior to joining ANSYS in 2007, Juan had extensive industrial experience:
- Application and Validation Engineer for Exa Corporation in Michigan supporting automotive customers;
- CFD R&D Engineer at NewTech Brake Inc. in Canada working on numerical simulations of full contact braking systems using Fluent, Star CD and PowerFLOW;
- Research Associate at Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal (EPM) teaching Fluent and Gambit;
- Post Graduate Researcher at the Center for Research in Computing and its Applications (CERCA) in Montreal working on CFD applications on automotive, building engineering, HVAC and health systems.
Currently Juan is a Senior Technical Services Engineer with the Fluids support team at ANSYS Inc. In his role, Juan provides technical support of ANSYS fluids products to ANSYS customers in Aerospace and Defense industry.
This is a customer only webinar. You must have a valid customer portal username and password to register for this event.