MultiMech for ANSYS is a composite design and analysis ACT App for ANSYS Workbench/Mechanical. It lets engineers use MultiMech's breakthrough multiscale analysis techniques completely within Workbench. MultiMech is designed for engineers looking to reduce cost and gain understanding of their advanced materials.
Our unique TRUE Multiscale™ technology extends all the benefits of Finite Element Modeling down to the microstructural level, and strongly couples the macro and micro mechanical response.
MultiMech employs a one-of-a-kind, bottom-up approach to composite analysis - meaning that engineers no longer need to perform extensive destructive testing or use curve-fitting techniques to capture the unique, nonlinear behavior of their composite materials. Instead, they can input datasheet properties of their composite constituents and let the accurate and reliable micromechanical techniques of MultiMech predict the material interactions and the resulting behavior, including state-of-the-art progressive damage analysis and accounting for manufacturing induced variations.
In addition, to the unique TRUE Multiscale™ technology, MultiMech also includes Homogenization and De-homogenization capabilities for faster analysis at early-stage design (ideal for filtering the design space), and Virtual Testing tools, which allows users to minimize the amount of physical testing when trialing with different constituents, volume fraction, etc, or designing completely new advanced materials.
MultiMech supports any type of heterogeneous material, complex orientation patterns, and damage mechanism. This opens the door to a new design-space for companies looking for the next generation of novel materials. It also requires little to no apriori physical testing be performed in order to predict the system behavior. The power of MultiMech is the flexibility it offers engineers working with complex parts and materials. When the Microstructural analysis of MultiMech is combined with the superior modeling and workflow technologies of Ansys, the result is a simple, accurate, cost-saving, approach to composite design and analysis.
The main features included in the MultiMech For ANSYS are:
- Two-way coupled multiscale Finite Element solver, dynamically linked to ANSYS APDL
- Homogenization, De-homogenization and Virtual Testing capabilities
- Automatic cracking and damage mechanisms
- Automatic microstructure generator for continuous, chopped, woven/fabrics, particulate composites, among others, with full control over microstructural design variables
- Account for manufacturing induced variations, such as fiber orientation, constituents properties, fracture properties, and more
- Data mapper for mapping injection mold simulation output onto structural meshes
- Robust post- processing features to let users “zoom” into and visualize detailed material microstructural behavior
The most common composites modeled with MultiMech include:
- Injection Molded Chopped Fiber Composites (fiber orientation integration included)
- Unidirectional Composites (Integration with ACP included)
- Filament Wound Pressure Vessels (Vessel curvature and wind angles taken into account)
- Woven Composites (2D and 3D non-idealized weaves supported)
- Materials with Voids and Defects
- Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Custom microstructures
Asia Pacific, Europe, MEA, North America, South America