IDEAS Interface -
Direct CAD Link for Meshing
The ANSYS ICEM CFD - IDEAS Direct Interface links the IDEAS CAD system directly to ANSYS ICEM CFD's mesh generation tools. As you can see from the image below the ANSYS ICEM CFD menus are fully integrated into the IDEAS GUI.
- There is no need to learn a different CAD system for pre-processing
- The parametric functions of IDEAS can be used to make parametric mesh studies
- The most important part is NO IGES translations ever again!
- Exporting an viewer XML (IDI) file from IDEAS is a high speed alternative to the direct interface exporting an ICEM native Tetin geomety file.
- IDI (IDEAS Direct Interface) outputs at about 100x speed of IGES and is also much faster than exporting an ICEM CFD Tetin file
- The ANSYS ICEM CFD IDI reader uses the same license keys as the ANSYS ICEM CFD Direct CAD interface for IDEAS.
- File => Import Geometry => IDI
- Only disadvantage is that entity names are not guaranteed (not parametric) between exports.
There is also an IDEAS Mesh interface
© 2009 ANSYS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.