Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical for Offshore Structures
|Date||March 07, 2013 - March 08, 2013 (2 days)|
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 44 (0) 1403 270066
- Mechanical Offshore v14 is a 2 day training course designed to introduce the process required to carry out the analysis of offshore Jacket type structures.
- The course is based on ANSYS Mechanical v14.
- An introduction to basic analysis and geometry creation is given, that has been taken from the general Mechanical Introduction and Design Modeler notes.
- This is followed by Offshore Structure specific topics.
- Reference will be made to the necessary Mechanical APDL and ASAS commands and documentation as needed.
Analysis of Offshore Structures:
- The analysis process required for offshore structures is the same as any other analysis –
- Pre processing, Solution and Post processing.
- The particular requirements for offshore structures are:
- Modelling – The finite element model needs to be created using PIPE elements in Mechanical.
- Loading: Dedicated methods for Wave and Current loading are needed.
- Pile Analysis – may be needed to model foundations.
- Post Processing – Design checks for ultimate states and fatigue.
This course centres on practical workshops combined with tutorial sessions in order to give practical advice and
useful experience to the attendee in order for them to create their own analysis efficiently and effectively, understanding
the process for offshore design using ANSYS Mechanical.
This course is an introductory course and hence no previous ANSYS Mechanical experience is necessary.
- Mechanical Introduction
- Mechanical Basics
- Workshop 1 – ANSYS Mechanical Basics
- General Pre processing
- Workshop 2 – Jacket Structure
- Introduction into ANSYS DesignModeler
- Planes and sketches
- Workshop 3 – Sketching and Modeling
- Concept Modeling
- Workshop 4 – Jacket Model Creation
- PIPE288 and Ocean Loading
- Workshop 5 – Ocean Loading
- Pile Analysis
- Workshop 6 – Adding Piles to a Jacket Structure
- Design Assessment and Beamcheck
- Workshop 7 – Beamcheck
- Fatigue Analysis
- Workshop 8 – Jacket Structure Fatigue Analysis
- Discussion / Review
Additional Course Dates and Locations
|July 11, 2013||UK,Horsham|
|November 07, 2013||UK,Horsham|