Mechanical Offshore Training in ABERDEEN
|Date||October 09, 2012 - October 10, 2012 (2 days)|
Norwood Hall Hotel
|Fee||£900 / €1200 + VAT|
ANSYS is pleased to announce that we are holding the ANSYS Mechanical Offshore Introductory 2 Day Training course in ABERDEEN.
Places are limited.
- Mechanical Offshore v14 is a 2 day training course designed to introduce the process required to carry out the analysis of offshore Jacket type structures.
- The course is based on ANSYS Mechanical v14.
- An introduction to basic analysis and geometry creation is given, that has been taken from the general Mechanical Introduction and Design Modeler notes.
- This is followed by Offshore Structure specific topics.
- Reference will be made to the necessary Mechanical APDL and ASAS commands and documentation as needed.
Analysis of Offshore Structures:
- The analysis process required for offshore structures is the same as any other analysis – Pre processing, Solution and Post processing.
- The particular requirements for offshore structures are:
- Modelling - The finite element model needs to be created using PIPE elements in Mechanical.
- Loading - Dedicated methods for Wave and Current loading are needed.
- Pile Analysis - may be needed to model foundations.
- Post Processing - Design checks for ultimate states and fatigue.
This course centres on practical workshops combined with tutorial sessions in order to give practical advice and useful experience to the attendee in order for them to create their own analysis efficiently and effectively, understanding the process for offshore design using ANSYS Mechanical.
This course is an introductory course and hence no previous ANSYS Mechanical experience is necessary.
(This includes all refreshments, lunch and training materials)
- Mechanical Introduction
- Mechanical Basics
- Workshop 1 – ANSYS Mechanical Basics
- General Pre processing
- Workshop 2 – Jacket Structure
- Introduction into ANSYS DesignModeler
- Planes and sketches
- Workshop 3 – Sketching and Modeling
- Concept Modeling
- Workshop 4 – Jacket Model Creation
- PIPE288 and Ocean Loading
- Workshop 5 – Ocean Loading
- Pile Analysis
- Workshop 6 – Adding Piles to a Jacket Structure
- Design Assessment and Beamcheck
- Workshop 7 – Beamcheck
- Fatigue Analysis
- Workshop 8 – Jacket Structure Fatigue Analysis
- Discussion / Review