ANSYS Meshing Course Offering
The length of the course is one day.
Training is from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
In order to use ANSYS Meshing, it is necessary to have a geometric model that has been created by another application. In most cases trainees will have attended the DesignModeler course on the previous day and will therefore have these skills. However trainees who do not wish to learn DesignModeler should make sure they are able to operate another CAD tool so that they can create/modify their model prior to meshing.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Work with ANSYS Meshing, with full understanding of its GUI
- Understand the different meshing methods available for 2D and 3D geometries
- Create Tetrahedral Meshes
- Create Hexahedral Meshes
- Create inflation (boundary) layer meshes near to walls.
- Apply advanced controls so as to refine and coarsen the mesh in different regions of the domain.
- Examine the quality of the mesh
All topics are covered using a combination of lectures and hands-on sessions.
- Introduction to the new Workbench environment
- Overview of the different meshing methods available
- Meshing methods for 3D geometries
- Common mesh controls
- Tetrahedral meshing
- Sweep meshing
- Multizone meshing
- Mesh quality
- Surface (2D) meshing
A comprehensive range of hands-on workshops are provided in which trainees will be able to use the ANSYS Meshing application themselves, applying the skills learnt in the preceding lecture.