Hydrodynamic Simulation for Mechanical Users
ANSYS Aqwa software addresses the vast majority of analysis requirements associated with hydrodynamic assessment of all types of offshore and marine structures. These include SPARs, FPSOs, Semi-submersibles, Tension leg platforms, Ships, Renewable energy devices, and Breakwaters.
The most significant result of this is found in the ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise product, which made available a whole range of additional capabilities as a result of merging previously separate products with ANSYS Mechanical. Of particular interest to companies involved in offshore oil & gas activities is the inclusion of the ANSYS Aqwa Hydrodynamics suite that enables both generation of hydrodynamic loads on large floating structures and global motions performance including moorings are other physical connections.
This session will introduce and explain the new licensing model, and then present how Aqwa can be utilized as part of the overall design process for offshore structures.
- Introduction to the new Mechanical Licensing model
- Description of the additional modular functionality that was introduced
- Positioning of ANSYS Aqwa in regard to hydrodynamic capabilities in ANSYS Mechanical, and also the relationship with the ANSYS Computational Fluid Dyanmic tools
- Introduction of the ANSYS Aqwa Hydrodynamic capabilities and workflows
- Demonstration using a semi-submersible production platform
Two workshops can be undertaken for those interested.
- FPSO turret mooring system
- Hydrodynamic load mapping to Mechanical
Lunch will be provided.