Testing and Analysis of Elastomers for Users of ANSYS Mechanical
This training course is available to ANSYS users. ANSYS has partnered with Axel Product, Inc. to offer this course that covers material testing, material modeling and finite element analysis of elastomers.
Students will perform laboratory tests on material samples and then learn how to use the test data in their analysis using ANSYS Mechanical.
This training class is held at the Axel Products facility in Ann Arbor, MI which is located at:
Axel Products, Inc.
2255 S. Industrial Hwy.
Ann Arbor MI 48104
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Basics of Hyperelasticity
- Mechanics of Elastomers
- Hyperelastic Material Models
- Curve Fitting Laboratory Data
- Workbench based workflow in ANSYS
- Laboratory Experiments
- Simple Tension
- Pure Shear
- Biaxial Extension
- Volumetric Compression
- Viscoelastic Property Measurements
- Analysis Issues
- Correlation of FEA and Experimental Data
- Hysteresis, Permanent set, Mullins Effect, Anisotropic Hyperelasticity
- Address Questions Such As
- How are these tests different than the ASTM tests we already do?
- What are the effects of repeated loading?
- Why do compression tests create problems for the analyst?
- How to use Bergstrom-Boyce material model?
|October 28, 2014||3||Testing and Analysis of Elastomers for Users of ANSYS Mechanical||Ann Arbor, Michigan|