Introduction to ANSYS LS-DYNA
- A technical education and/or background in structural mechanics is recommended but having an engineering degree is not required.
- Familiarity with ANSYS Mechanical, the Workbench project page, and how to perform nonlinear static and dynamic analyses in ANSYS Mechanical is required.
- Basic meshing and modeling experience with ANSYS Mechanical is assumed.
ANSYS LS-DYNA is a useful tool for those users who need to analyze problems involving contact, large deformations, nonlinear materials, high frequency response phenomena and/or problems requiring explicit solutions.
This training course teaches students how to effectively use ANSYS LS-DYNA to build an explicit mechanical simulation model, analyze it, and interpret the results. At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- distinguish problems that should be solved explicitly versus implicitly
- identify and choose element types, materials and commands used in explicit dynamic analyses
- setup, solve, and postprocess an ANSYS LS-DYNA analysis
Course Topics include:
- Part Definitions
- Material Definitions
- Boundary Definitions, Loading, and Rigid bodies
- Solution and Simulation Controls
Each course chapter is followed by "hands-on" workshops and exercises.
|November 17, 2014||2||Introduction to ANSYS LS-DYNA||San Jose, California|