Introduction to ANSYS BladeModeler Online Course
|Date||May 20, 2013 - May 23, 2013 (4 days)|
|Fee||$600 US Dollars|
Save time, save money, gain productivity
ANSYS online training courses are designed for you to gain the skills you need in the most cost-effective and time-efficient way possible. Read the Introduction to ANSYS BladeModeler course description below and sign up today to attend.
5 online sessions - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
- A technical education with some familiarity about turbomachinery preprocessing is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
The Introduction to ANSYS BladeModeler course is a one-day training that consists of lectures and "hands-on" practical examples. This course provides an introduction to creating different types of stationary and rotating blade geometry, such as:
- Centrifugal Compressors, Pumps, and Blowers
- Radial Turbines - Turbochargers, Francis, Expanders
- Axial Fans, Inducers, Compressors or Turbines
- Diffusers, Deswirl Cascades, Guide Vanes
The following topics will be discussed in the training:
- Hub and shroud design
- 2D Layer generation
- Ruled Element or Sculpted Blades
- Linear or Non-Linear Leading and Trailing Edges
- User Specified Leading and Trailing Edge Shapes
- Shrouded or Unshrouded Designs
- Trim Tool for Splitter Blades
In addition to blade creation, attendees will also learn to use DesignModeler to add fillets, modify a hub, add a rotating shroud, and other common turbo-specific features. Users will also undertake a "hands-on" exercise where they generate a blade geometry, mesh the geometry using ANSYS Meshing, set up a CFD simulation using ANSYS CFX Turbo Pre, and examine the results in ANSYS CFX Turbo Post.
The course is completed in 5 online sessions spread over 5 business days. Workshops are to be completed independently between online sessions and workshop assistance sessions are offered to answer any questions related to the workshops.
For assistance with the workshop exercises, an instructor is available on the days listed in the Class Schedule below; by email during regular east coast business hours or via WebEx 2:00 - 4:00 EDT.
- May 20 - Session 1 - 2-4pm EDT
- May 21 - Session 2 - 2-4pm EDT
- May 22 - Session 3 - 2-4pm EDT
- May 23 - Session 4 - 2-4pm EDT
Please register your intent to attend as early as possible. Payment is not required until the class and/or your registration has been confirmed.
Additional Course Dates and Locations
|August 19, 2013||Online|
|November 18, 2013||Online|