Introduction to ANSYS BladeModeler
The Introduction to ANSYS BladeModeler course is a one-day training that consists of lectures and "hands-on" practical examples. This course provides an introduction to creating different types of stationary and rotating blade geometry, such as:
- Centrifugal Compressors, Pumps, and Blowers
- Radial Turbines - Turbochargers, Francis, Expanders
- Axial Fans, Inducers, Compressors or Turbines
- Diffusers, Deswirl Cascades, Guide Vanes
The following topics will be discussed in the training:
- Hub and shroud design
- 2D Layer generation
- Ruled Element or Sculpted Blades
- Linear or Non-Linear Leading and Trailing Edges
- User Specified Leading and Trailing Edge Shapes
- Shrouded or Unshrouded Designs
- Trim Tool for Splitter Blades
In addition to blade creation, attendees will also learn to use DesignModeler to add fillets, modify a hub, add a rotating shroud, and other common turbo-specific features. Users will also undertake a "hands-on" exercise where they generate a blade geometry, mesh the geometry using ANSYS Meshing, set up a CFD simulation using ANSYS CFX Turbo Pre, and examine the results in ANSYS CFX Turbo Post.
If no course offering is listed below, or the course offerings listed don't match with your schedule, please register your interest in attending this course and we will contact you when sufficient interest is achieved.
Register your interest in this class.