Introduction to ANSYS AQWA
|Date||October 21, 2013 - October 23, 2013 (3 days)|
15915 Katy Freeway
|Fee||$1,800 US Dollars|
Please register your intent to attend as early as possible. Payment is not required until the class and/or your registration has been confirmed. Do not make your travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 603-727-5405
- The three day course will be of major benefit to all engineers intending to perform hydrodynamic analysis of offshore structures using AQWA.
- No previous AQWA exposure is required but some knowledge of naval architecture or offshore engineering is desirable.
The course will cover the general use of features within the AQWA Suite and introduces the new Workbench version of AQWA. An introduction to the expanded Cable Dynamics capabilities will also be included. The latter is licensed as an additional module and permits coupled cable dynamics associated with deeper waters to be addressed.
The course includes lectures and workshops with workshops interspersed between lectures to emphasize the concepts discussed in the lecture.
AQWA Programs covered in the course:
- AQWA-LINE: Wave Diffraction/Radiation Analysis.
- AQWA-LIBRIUM: Equilibrium and Stability Analysis.
- AQWA-FER: Frequency Domain Analysis. Short Crested Waves Cable Dynamics.
- AQWA-NAUT: Non-linear Analysis in Time Domain (regular waves) Cable Dynamics.
- AQWA-DRIFT: Time Domain Analysis in Irregular Waves for Mooring Systems Cable Dynamics.
- AQWA-Graphical Supervisor: Mesh Generation, Model Visualisation, Animation, Post Processing, Graphing, Analysis Functions and Cable Dynamics.
- AQWA-Hydrodynamic Diffraction: This is the Workbench version of the wave diffraction and radiation analysis.
- Introduction to AQWA programs and their capabilities
- AQWA analysis procedures
- Overview of AQWA input data
- Element types and definitions in AQWA
- Mesh generation using AQWA-GS
- AQWA-LINE data preparation and analysis
- Added mass and damping
- Environment definition
- Mooring systems
- Static response of moored vessels
- Frequency domain analysis
- Time domain analysis in regular and irregular waves for moored structures. AQWA-NAUT and AQWA-DRIFT
- Finding equilibrium position using AQWA-LIBRIUM and AGS
- Performing frequency domain analysis using AQWA-FER and AGS for both long crested and short crested waves.
- AQWA-NAUT analysis for regular waves
- AQWA-DRIFT analysis for irregular waves
- Data post-processing using AGS
- Animation in AGS
- Creating geometry for use in AQWA Hydrodynamic Radiation/Diffraction within ANSYS Workbench
- Running Radiation/Diffraction analyses within ANSYS Workbench Multiple structure definition and hydrodynamic interaction
- Cable Dynamics Stand Alone & Fully Coupled
- Trouble shooting
- Question & Answer Session related to user defined problems.
- Geometry creation using ANSYS DesignModeler
- Radiation/Diffraction analysis using AQWA Hydrodynamic Radiation/Diffraction in ANSYS Workbench
- Coupled Cable Dynamics.