ANSYS Mechanical Heat Transfer
|Date ||February 11, 2013 (1 day)|
|Location || |
67 South Bedford Street
Burlington, MA 01803
PHONE: 1-781-229-8900 FAX: 1-781-229-8624
|Fee||$600 US Dollars |
|Registration||CLICK HERE |
Please register your intent to attend one of our classes as early as possible. Registering is not a commitment to attend but an expression of your interest in attending the class. Payment will not be required until the class is confirmed. Please do not make your travel arrangements until you receive confirmation that the class will be held.
Length: 1 Days
- A technical education and background is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- Completion of the ANSYS Mechanical Introduction Course.
ANSYS Mechanical Heat Transfer is a 1-day training course for engineers wishing to use ANSYS Mechanical to analyze the thermal response of structures and mechanical components to heat transfer effects. The course focuses on performing steady-state, transient, linear and nonlinear thermal analyses.
After completing the course, students should be able to analyze, in ANSYS Mechanical, the thermal responses of structures involving conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer.
The course introduces the nonlinear solution procedure and covers how to setup a structural nonlinear analysis, define nonlinear solution options, and review the nonlinear results. Advanced contact analysis procedures are discussed for simulating contact between two or more solid bodies. In addition, metal plasticity, hyperelasticity (including curve-fitting tools to help translate experimental data to strain energy density function coefficients), how to diagnose non-convergence problems, and how to interface with ANSYS are also covered in the training course.
Course Topics Include:
- Fundamental Concepts of Heat Transfer
- Fundamental Concepts of ANSYS Mechanical
- Steady State Heat Transfer (no mass transport)
- Nonlinear and Transient Analysis
- Additional Convection/Heat Flux Loading Options and Simple Thermal/Flow Elements
- Radiation Heat Transfer
- Phase Change Analysis
- One Dimensional Flow Elements in Thermal Analysis
Each course chapter is followed by "hands-on" workshops and exercises.
Recommended Follow-on Courses (which is dependent upon the student's interests and applications)
- Structural Nonlinearities
- Rigid Body Flexible Body Dynamics
- Using Command Objects
Additional Course Dates and Locations