Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical APDL
Please register your intent to attend as early as possible. Payment is not required until the class and/or your registration has been confirmed. Do not make your travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 603-727-5405
- A technical education and background in finite element analysis is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
This course is recommended for anyone who wishes to perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of mechanical parts and has little or no ANSYS Mechanical APDL (MAPDL) software experience. The ANSYS Mechanical APDL workflow, graphical user interface, along with the APDL command syntax, will be introduced to users. The focus will be on linear static structural analyses, although the concepts presented will provide a strong foundation to allow the user to solve other physics, such as thermal analyses, or more complicated analysis procedures with ANSYS Mechanical APDL. After completing the course, attendees should be able to use the ANSYS Mechanical APDL software efficiently to set up, solve, and postprocess linear static analyses.
This training course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the Mechanical APDL GUI
- MAPDL Element Types and a Simplified Overview of FEA Theory
- APDL Command Syntax
- Geometry Creation and Import
- Use of Selection Logic and Components
- Coordinate Systems
- Element Attributes
- Boundary Condition and Loads
- Equation Solvers
The majority of course chapters are followed by "hands-on" workshops. Please note that for those wishing to learn ANSYS Workbench Mechanical should attend the "Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical" training course instead.