Design Optimization of a Weather Radar Antenna using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Weather antenna positioning is a very complex mechanism and some knowledge is required for the effective design and implementation;
• The air flow around the antenna can affect directly the positioning mechanism behavior;
• FEA and CFD models are useful for obtaining the knowledge about the plant without the need of physical construction of a model or prototype for experimentation;
• CFD analysis can be used to determine the air flow pressure field and the vortex separation frequency;
• FEA modal analysis is useful for determining the natural frequencies of the structure and for the qualification, validation and approval of the mechanisms after they are built.
View Now (PDF)