ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler
ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler is the easiest and fastest solution to prepare geometry for simulation. SpaceClaim’s direct modeling solution speeds up time to analysis by removing the geometry bottleneck, and it shortens the time needed for analysis by allowing engineers to simplify models during pre-processing. SpaceClaim also provides a CAD neutral environment, freeing engineers to focus on the physics and modeling.
By putting simulation engineers in control of geometry, CAE can drive product development by optimizing models before CAD and validating results post-CAD.
With ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, users can:
- Open data from any CAD system
- Edit designs and prepare them for simulation no matter where the model was created
- Simplify geometry by removing features, like rounds and holes, that lead to low quality mesh generations
- Clean up and repair dirty geometry to create watertight solids
- Create parameters on imported geometry to enable optimization of designs through analysis
- Extract mid-surfaces/shells and beams from solid models to enable efficient meshing and solving
- Extract volumes and create inner fluid domains and outer air enclosures for CFD analysis
- Supply 3-D markups and compare models to document changes to design teams
- Be up and running in a matter of days instead of months like big CAD
With SpaceClaim Direct Modeler’s STL Prep for 3-D Printing Module, users can also repair, and edit files for further FEA topological optimization and CFD analysis.