Academic Product Technical Support
We provide technical support to users of ANSYS Academic products online via the ANSYS Customer Portal and ANSYS Student Portal. All users at your academic facility should register on one of these portals as follows:
- Professors, academic staff including IT Administrators should register on the ANSYS Customer Portal.
- Student users should register on the ANSYS Student Portal.
ANSYS Customer Portal and ANSYS Student Portal users have access to tutorials, training materials notes, FAQs, knowledge resources, product documentation, best practice guides, academic & student specific content and technical support. The ANSYS Student Portal provides academic students access to a limited version of the ANSYS Customer Portal, enriched with student specific content.
Access to the ANSYS Customer & Student Portals is only provided to academic customer sites that have ANSYS Academic products that are current on TECS or lease.
What Academic Products Do We Provide Support For?
Technical support is provided for ANSYS Academic Associate, Research and Teaching level products that are current on lease or TECS. Additionally, technical support can only be provided for academic product release versions that fall within our Prior Release Policy.
Technical support is not provided for the ANSYS Academic Student product (This academic product is currently only available within the USA).
Scope of Academic Technical Support:
Academic support is provided through our ANSYS Student Portal only. The scope of our academic product technical support includes the following:
- Assistance with downloading, installing ANSYS Academic software.
- Investigation of problems caused by user errors, software defects and limitations; advice on solving or working around them.
- Assessment of training needs for product areas that are unfamiliar to you. Priority will be given to trained users.
- General advice on model limitations, expected accuracy.
- General help in interpreting information within the documentation and online resources.
Note that the scope of our academic product technical support does NOT include the following:
- Understanding your workflows and system-level requirements and learning how ANSYS simulation technology can be most effectively utilized.
- Advice on how best to apply the ANSYS Academic products to your specific application.
- Delivery of completed geometry and meshes for your models.
- Delivery of converged solutions for your models.
- Writing and/or debugging scripts, user coding or functions to extend or customize the standard product.
- Advice on interpretation of results.
- Advice on project planning, such as time scales, hardware requirements, etc.
- Troubleshooting issues related to convergence and accuracy of solutions obtained through custom coding or functions.
- Setting up or troubleshooting issues associated with your computer hardware configuration and third party (non-ANSYS, Inc.) software
We reserve the right to decline technical support to academic customers seeking frequent technical support (i.e. overuse of our technical support). Please allow us a reasonable amount of time to respond to your support requests & ensure that your support request falls within the scope detailed above.
Contacting Technical Support:
How you contact us for technical support is based on who sold you the ANSYS Academic products:
- Purchased ANSYS Academic product directly from ANSYS: Use the ANSYS Customer Portal or ANSYS Student Portal to submit requests.
- Purchased ANSYS Academic product from a Channel Partner: Contact that Channel Partner for technical support. In this case you will not have the ability to submit support requests via the ANSYS Customer or Student Portals.
Submitting a Technical Support Request
To submit a technical support request on the ANSYS Customer Portal or ANSYS Student Portal:
- Once logged in, use the Support menu from the top menu bar.
- Select the option to "Submit/Check Service requests."
- Login to the Support Portal using the same credentials used to login to the ANSYS Student Portal.
- Once you submit your request, you will receive responses to your enquiry online via the portal or through e-mail.
- You can monitor real-time information on the status of your technical support requests on the portal.
The ANSYS site coordinator (ASC) for your academic site, professors, and IT administrators are typically the only academic account contacts registered on the ANSYS Customer Portal. These portal users can access the “Submit/Check Service requests" menu.
Students should register for the ANSYS Student Portal where they can access the ANSYS technical support knowledge base, which includes FAQs, tutorials and best practices. These materials address many technical support requirements. Visit the knowledge resources section frequently, as it is continually updated.
If you are not an ANSYS Customer Portal or ANSYS Student Portal user, then please register or, alternatively, forward your support requests to your professor or site ASC.