Join ANSYS for a free hands-on “Lunch & Learn” workshop focusing on the fundamentals of simulating a printed circuit board (PCB) to determine the power integrity and thermal performance of PCB power distribution networks. Accurately solving these physics is key to optimizing power delivery to critical ICs and ensure reliability. Learn the latest techniques on how to apply field solvers to analyze DC IR Drop include Multiphase VRM and Temperature effects, High-Frequency Plane Impedance, Resonant Modes, and Decoupling Capacitor Optimization.
The hands on exercises will demonstrate how to:
- Perform a DC IR Drop simulation on a PCB using SIwave
- Compute and display voltage, current density, and power loss density on all layers
- Include single- or multiphase VRM outputs
- Perform a Thermal simulation using Icepak
- Including the power dissipation of the components on the board as well as the SIwave power dissipation
- Iterate between SIwave and Icepak to achieve convergence in the temperature profile
- Perform a High-Frequency Power Integrity simulation on a PCB using SIwave
- Extract plane impedance as seen by a device on the board
- Compute resonant modes and correlate to peaks in plane impedance
- Optimize selection of capacitors to achieve a desired target impedance
Please note that the hands-on session limits registration to 12 attendees.